Monday, December 30, 2013

The Lost Books Of The Angel Filomena: Book 1: The Olympian Forge

So book two is actually already done, and will be getting copy edited soon. So in my spare time, I tend to still write things, so I have decided to write some short chapters with the characters from the "Of Angels and Olympians" series. I figure I will post one every week or so giving some insight into the world we have created. At this point none of these will be used in books, but hey you never know if they turn out good I may use them in book three. So please feel free to let me know if you do. Keep in mind these are not edited and are just stories that pop in my head. Well anyway here is the first one.


“The Olympian Forge”

Hephaestus stood in front of his forge, staring into the fires that bellowed under the glowing metal he had been working, lost in his thoughts, the anger welled inside of him, his creations, the weapons he had spent eons forging, the weapons he put his blood and his sweat into where now in the hands of these newborn Angels. When Zeus had originally approached him about the idea, he had thought for sure it was in jest, how he could make such a request of him like this was beyond reasoning. He had originally refused Zeus, he would not stand for such a defilement of his labored artwork, how could he, as angry as he was with Zeus asking, Zeus had been as equally angry at his response. In the end he had no choice but to bend to the will, and wishes of his King and the Father.
He had considered crafting inferior pieces for inferior life forms but could not bring himself to allow anything but pure perfection to leave his forge. He let out a long exhale and turned his head to glance over to where a few of these Angels had gathered. He looked upon them in disgust as he watched those same creatures wave their newly acquired weapons he had just forged like some Satyr child receiving a new prank toy. He shook his head in contempt as he placed his hammer upon his anvil and put his hand to his pocket as if in doing so he would be guarding his great secret. A smile came upon his face as he considered the drawings that his hand covered. He dared not leave them lying around, for he could not afford to have them discovered, lest anyone ask questions of what type of weapon he was designing. He closed his eyes and envisioned the death toll it would take upon these Angels once the Titans had been destroyed. Oh how he longed for that day. “Hephaestus?” He quickly snapped out of his thoughts and turned to look at the newborn who had spoken his name, he had seen him around Ares tent, he was one of their leaders, that he knew for sure………”What is it Angel?” He said in a gruff voice. “As you already know, my name is Michael, I wanted to tell you how appreciative we are of your weapons, and they have proved themselves to be great assets in battle and….”With a wave of his hand Hephaestus brought Michael to silence,” I make them because I am told I must Angel, but don’t for one moment ever think I want to, you neither deserve nor have you earned the privilege to brandish a weapon such as I have made you in battle.” Hephaestus noticed Michael prepare to interrupt him and again raised his hand to stave him off. ” Angel tell me something, have I said anything to you to make you think I would want to hear your voice? That I need to hear from you of the caliber of my creations? Or that I even care what you or your ilk might think of me or my weapons? ”His last sentence hung in the air like the smoke that plumed from his fires, he could see the anger on this Angels face and hoped he would strike at him so he could pluck the feathers of this Newborn creatures wings.
“My name is Michael Olympian you would be well to remember it. ”Hephaestus could feel his face turning red in anger as the Angel quickly turned on his heels and started to walk away, how dare he speak to him like that, and then turn his back on him……..
At that moment Hephaestus decided…. He would remember the name Michael............ he would etch it into his memory as if he had etched it into the stone of the great Mount Olympus itself. He would remember it so that he would never forget it, he would remember the name Michael, for Michael will be the first Angel Hephaestus will destroy once this war is over, and he will lay the Angels broken body on the steps in front of Zeus, and he will say nothing, for without Hephaestus there is no fire, without Hephaestus there is no forging of metals, and without Hephaestus………..  there are no weapons!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, very interesting. I'd actually forgotten about Hephaestus, and him being bitter, and carving a grudge into his memory, seems perfect for the man who holds the power of forging metals and weapons.

    Very nice.

    ReplyDelete